1. We need to reach our fundraising goal of $35 million for polio eradication. Through the End Polio Now: Make History Today campaign, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will provide a $2 match for each $1 we spend on polio, up to $70 million per calendar year through 2018.
2. A successful fundraising event held this Rotary year was the bike ride to End Polio in El Tour de Tucson. This year almost 100 Rotarians raised over $13 million, with a Gates Foundation match, an effort that was boosted by the support of 207 staff members who participated in an All-Staff Challenge.
3. This past year, 33 top tier news stories focused on the milestones in Africa, progress in Pakistan, and World Polio Day. In 2015 the media relations team placed more than 500 articles in 20 countries. That’s a 33 percent increase in coverage from 2014.
4. We began the 2016-2017 Rotary year with the second-highest membership figure in our history. We have a tremendous opportunity to achieve our highest membership ever.
5. The Rotary Foundation will be celebrating its centennial year with a grand celebration at the 2017 Atlanta Convention. In more than a century of doing good in the world, we’ve changed millions of lives, and our Foundation consistently earns the highest possible reviews from charity rating agencies. The Endowment Fund’s current and projected net assets have already exceeded $1 billion, ahead of our 2017 target.
- John Hewko in Facebook