1. Meet many Rotarians in one place – This is a perfect opportunity to network and share ideas with other Rotarians. You will also get to know the amazing projects carried out by other clubs. A DC is one of the most enjoyable and rewarding experiences of Rotary membership.
2. Meaningful membership – A DC is for all club members and their spouses, not just for club officers and committee members. The purpose of a DC is for fellowship, good fun, inspirational speakers and discussion of matters which make one’s Rotary membership more meaningful.
3. Very rewarding experience – Every person (especially new members) who attends a DC finds that being a Rotarian becomes even more rewarding because of the new experiences, insights and acquaintances developed at the conference. Those who attend conferences regularly, enjoy going back, year after year.
4. The most important Rotary event – Every one of Rotary’s more than 500 districts has a conference annually. These meetings are considered so important that the Rotary International president selects a knowledgeable Rotarian as his personal representative to attend and address each conference. You should not MISS this!
5. Become a better Club member and Leader – One of the benefits of attending a DC is the opportunity to become better acquainted with members of one’s own club in an informal setting. Lasting friendships grow from the hours spent at the House of Friendship at the DC.
6. A holiday getaway at a very affordable cost at a fantastic resort – This is a good opportunity to take a break, visit the Sunway Lagoon Resort and have fun with like minded people interested in serving humanity.
GET YOUR MEMBERS TO SIGN UP IMMEDIATELY.
"The One is a great cause, we started from zero. We are the first Hong Kong charity to go worldwide, in a sense through the connections of Rotary. The idea was just to bring all the heroes to Hong Kong and do the international competition, we get applicants from all over the world, but then I realized we couldn’t help the people in Hong Kong because when they compete with against the magnitude of the people looking after the lives of a million people or half a million people I felt I was failing somewhere. This is my home, I love Hong Kong, I want to do something for Hong Kong, and so I started The One Hong Kong last year, where the heroes in Hong Kong compete amongst themselves. We gave away 2 hundred thousand last year and this is an eternal commitment. When I do my projects, I look for people who are committed, like I am committed to The One for life, as long as I’m alive. The next step for me is to take this to all the countries of the world because if you can imagine we can find 2-3 heroes in every country of the world, what a great difference we can make in every society.
That is my vision that is the dream."
Also Manvir Jesudasan. Radio jockey.
Another speaker: Dr George Lee. Urologist.